Sunday, September 6, 2009

Productive

I just finished a tedious task for my daughter. She's with their school's student council, and they are sponsoring a Quiz Bee on Tuesday. I made this huge scoreboard, spending some 60 minutes or so on it. I had to do it the old way, measuring and drawing out the lines on gold ol' manila paper! I used up three pentel pens. Tiring! But I like the finished product. The lines were crisp, the lettering was good :-) I know it's not that big a deal, but heck, it made me happy. I almost wanted to scribble my signature at the bottom like an artist would. Ha-ha.

We sometimes forget to pay attention to little things that could bring simple joys. There's always something in our lives that we should be thankful for. This is true, no matter how burdened with problems we might believe we are at the moment.

I am going through a painful time in my life right now. But the experience is teaching me new things. I am learning to be happy with what there is. And there IS a whole lot out there that can make us smile. This I'm finding out. We only have to open our eyes more, hear more, smell more, and feel more.

Again, thank You. I AM so blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, MJ. When you're down and out, count your blessings. You'll discover that you're much luckier than the majority of this world's population.

    I'm just here MJ. Anytime that you're ready to talk, just call/txt me.

    ReplyDelete